Matthew Andrews, Post 12190
NOTE: Start early on these. The January 1st submission date will sneak up on you
AWARDS: 1st Place Winner in each category receives $200 and a plaque recognizing their selection
The State winners will be honored at the Awards banquet at the Mid-Winter Conference in Macon in February. (Please see the calendar for exact dates.)
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Award
Any individual who actively gives emergency medical treatment, provides rescue service or civil disaster assistance as a member of any public or volunteer company organized to perform those duties and give assistance to our nation's citizens.
Law Enforcement Award
Any individual who serves in a municipal, county, state, or federal unit tasked with enforcement of the laws pertaining to their area of responsibility. This award does not apply to individuals employed by private companies or security services.
Any individual who actively fights fires as a member of any public or volunteer company organized to perform those duties and give assistance to our nation's citizens.
911 Dispatcher Award
Any individual who serves in a municipal, county, state or federal unit tasked with providing the vital link between callers in distress and emergency response teams by obtaining essential information to send the appropriate responders to the right location.
Criteria for All Awards
Candidates must have:
- Been recognized by their colleagues or those they serve
- Demonstrated consistent excellence in the performance of their duties
- Displayed consistent dedication to their official responsibilities over a period of years
- Shown continuous growth in responsibilities and skills within their profession
- Nomination letter containing the candidate's name, title, address, telephone number, and identifying award for which the individual should be considered
- One page resume of the candidate's overall background
- One page resume of the candidate's background in their field
- One page resume of the candidate's accomplishment and award in their field
- Photograph (preferable a headshot) of the candidate
- Post winners must be to State Chairman by January 1
- State winners will be forwarded to National by February 1